The following festivals are observed in Tara Tarini Temple as per the calendar given below.
1. The Sankranti Mela: Every month on Sankranti day.
This festival is observed on each Sankranti day of the Hindu month. This day is considered to be very auspicious for Tantra Sadhakas. The important features of the festival are as follows:
(a) The temple opens for Darshan of the deities from 5.30 AM till 10.00 PM without Pahada during the day.
(b) Bije Pratima (Chalnti Pratima) of the deities are put on the special Bije Pithastal located near the temple gate.
(c) Puja and offerings to the deities are offered to the Bije Pratima as no offerings are allowed inside the Garbha Griha during this occasion. However the devotes can have the darshan of the deties in the Garbha Griha.
(d) Magha Snana, Chandipatha and Homa are the special activities conducted in the Grabha Griha and the side pedestal of the Garbha Griha by the temple Purohit.
(e) Special Khechudi Bhoga is supplied to the devotees on receipt of Rs. 7/- (seven) per packet. This Bhoga is prepared and sold by the Temple Trust.
2. Dola Purnima ( Phalguna Purnima ) during February / March.
3. Chaitra Parba: On each Tuesday on the month of chaitra i.e.during March/April as per Calendar.
This festival is
the most important of the festivals, celebrated at theTara Tarini Pitha. It is observed during each
Tuesday of the month of Chaitra.
Significant features of the festival are as follows;
(a) The temple remains open for the Darshan of the deities from 5 AM till 11 PM. Pahada of the deities is confined to night-time only.
(b) Devotees in large numbers congregate at the up-hill and downhill temple complex from Monday night.
(c) 2nd & 3rd Tuesday of the Chaitra is considered to be most auspicious days. Therefore large number of devotees congregate during these days.
(d) Puja and offering by the devotees are offered to the Chalanti Pratima of deities placed at the Bije Pitha for the Bije Pratima. However Darshan of the deities in Garbha Griha is allowed.
(e) Special arrangements for hair offering is made. 250 barbers at the top hill and 500 barbers at the down hill at the barber shed are engaged to help their hair offering of their children and other devotees. Hair offering continues from mid-night on Monday till 6 PM of Tuesday.
(f) Special Khechudi Bhoga is supplied to the devotees on receipt of Rs. 7/- per packet from Monday mid-night till 6 PM of Tuesday evening non-stop.
4. Basantika Parba: During the month chaitra i.e. March / April.
5. Chitalagi Amabasya i.e. Srabana Amabasya during July / August.
6. Gamha Purnima (Shrabana Purnima ) during July /August.
7. Saptapuri Amabasya during the month of Bhadraba during August.
8. Saradiya Parba on the month of Ashwina Mulastami to Dushara during September / October .
9. Dipabali or Shyamakali Puja: on Kartika Amabasya during Oct /Nov.